Sunday, July 5, 2009

iPhones & Open Houses

I was hoping to get this post out yesterday, but I was learning how to use my new iPhone!! I was determined to send the blog from there, but I couldn't get the pictures to work.... still need to figure some things out.

In the mean time however, I have a few projects to share with you from yesterday's New Catalogue Open House. My appologies because the pictures were taken with my iPhone so they aren't of the best quality but like I said, I was trying to figure out to work the thing! Love it though, love it emmensly, perhaps even more than I love my Big Shot... okay, well maybe not that much, but it's close! :)
We made 2 projects yesterday using some of the new stuff. The first one is a card using the VERY fabulous new Level 3 Hostess set called "The More the Merrier". I LOVE this set! It's awesome. I have already shown a card made with the line up of birds, and this time we used the line up of cupcakes! I will try and show you the rest of this awesome set over the next little while.

This card also uses the beautiful new Soft Suede as a card base! And we coloured the cupcakes with my Pencil crayons & blender pens. Oh and do you see the beautiful new Polka Dotted ribbon? LOVE this stuff!! And since the other side doesn't have any dots, you have a two sided ribbon. LOTS of variety with this stuff! And how could I forget the NEW Modern Label punch too! And the new sentiment set called "Teeny Tiny Wishes". Click on the image at the right to see this in all it's glory, there is truly a sentiment for ANY occasion. I really like this set a lot. I can tell right away that I will get lots of use.

Products used:
Stampin' Up "More the Merrier" Hostess Level 3 stamp set
Stampin' Up Card stock- Whisper White, Soft Suede, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue.
Stampin' Up Ink- Basic Black, Soft Suede.
Accessories: Water colour pencil crayons, blender pen, Polka Dot ribbon, Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals.

The seond project is a "Bag-a-lope". It's a bag, made using an envelop! And it's sooo easy.
Once again, I am showing one of the new sets. This one is called "Circle Circus". Again a really really versatile set. It has a bunch of different circle designs that of course coordinate with our circle punches, and our scallop circle punch! I love when things go with punches. Click on the picture to see it better. I am sure you guys will be seeing this set in use a lot. I have a ton of ideas for it. And it will likely be featured at my "Meet the new In-colours class" on July 17th! Have you RSVP'd for it yet??

Okay, back to the bag-a-lope. I promised the women who were at my Open House that I would share the instructions. So here they are! If you use these instructions to make a bag, send me a picture! I might even post it here! :)

Circle Circus Bag-a-lope:

1. You will need an envelope, any size. Seal the envelope.
2. Stamp random circles using the Melon Mambo ink on both sides of the envelope.
3. Using the paper cutter as a guide & a bone folder, score the envelope on 3 sides (the 2 long sides, and one of the short ones) 1" in. You can change the amount you score it at, every different option will result in a different dimensioned bag.
4. Using the Scalloop Edge punch, add a scallop border to the side with out the score.
5. Tuck the sides in, and fold the bottom flaps in and adhere with Snail or Sticky strip.
6. Punch holes for ribbon near the top of the bag using the double rectangle punch.
7. Feed the Polka Dot Bermuda Bay ribbon through the holes and tie in a knot (paying attention to the side with the dots.)

I will be back later with the winners of my Open House Door prizes!!!!

Cheers,

Blair

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter