Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hodgepodge Hardware sample #3

I stole away for a few minutes yesterday to play with some of my new stuff, and to do one more card using the Hodgepodge hardware.

As soon as I saw the 'Medalion' stamp in the new catalogue, I immediately started envisioning things that it could be used for. But the challenge I was having was finding some time to use it.

Then some serious inspiration hit yesterday. I had received my monthly Stampin' Up! demo magazine on Friday, but hadn't had a chance to look at it. So Saturday morning afforded me a few moments of "me" time and I started reading it. I came to a page that had beautiful treat boxes made with the matchbox die for the Big Shot. What caught my eye the most was the colour palette used. It was a combination of Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and Blush Blossom.

Blush Blossom is a colour I rarely use, except for with my Stampin' Write markers if I am colouring my people from the 'All in the Family' set. However looking at these boxes I couldn't wait to work with it!!

So, out came my Blush Blossom paper for the first time, along with my Medalion stamp and some serious fun was had!! I also got a chance to use my 'Monogram Sweet' set for the first time. I absolutely LOVE making monogrammed note cards. I think it is a total throw-back to a time when communication was so much more formal and personal. I thought that these letters would look lovely framed using the Hodgepodge Hardware.

Don't forget that the hardware is still on sale (until tomorrow at noon) for only $26.99!! Contact me to orders your now!!

Products used:
Stampin' Up "Medalion" stamp set, "Monogram Sweet" stamp set
Stampin' Up Card stock- Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa.
Stampin' Up Ink- Chocolate chip, Close to Cocoa.
Accessories: Designer Label Punch, Styled Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware, 1/6" hole punch, Soft Suede polka dot (I used the non-polka dot side) grosgrain ribbon, sponge dauber.

Cheers,

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter