Friday, July 16, 2010

Sad day.....

Today is my Sister-in-law's mother's Funeral. She passed away on Wednesday after a short put painful battle with cancer. I didn't know her that well, we only usually saw each other once or twice a year, but I will be there to support my sister-in-law and my brother In their time of need. Since I rarely have any Sympathy cards at the read, I had to make one up. I completely case'd this one and have been wanting to do so for some time. The card I believe originated with Dawn Olchefske. And I have admired it for sometime. Now, she colours hers in with a Q-tip and ink pad, but I went right to the markers. I always do. I could honestly not live without my Stampin' Write markers.

If I was stranded on a desert Island and could only bring 10 Stampin' Up! things they would be (in no particular order):

1. Big Shot & Dies (can that count as one item?)
2. Stampin' Write Markers
3. Dimensionals
4. Brights Assorted Card Stock pack
5. Word Play Stamp set (new in this catty)
6. Brights Ink pads
7. Chocolate Chip Card Stock
8. Whisper White Card Stock
9. Paper Snips
10. Artistic Etchings Stamp set

What would you bring? I would love to see your lists.

Anyhow, back to the card. I cut out the butterfly using my Beautiful Butterflies die and then I stamped the image from the Elements of Style set on it. After colour it in a variety of colours (Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, So Safron, Certainly Celery, Pear Pizazz, Old Olive, Rose Red) I mounted it to the front of a Whisper White Card base using Tombow Multi Purpose adhesive and then adhered some pearls in the centre! The sentiment is from the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set. I also stamped a sentiment on the inside of this card from the same set, and then used the flourish design from the Elements of Style which I stamped in Pink Pirouette (have a mentioned how much I love that colour lately??).

Products used: All Stampin' Up
Stamp sets: Elements of Style, Thoughts & Prayers
Card stock: Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Pink Pirouette.
Accessories: Big Shot & Beautiful Butterflies Die, Adhesive Pearls, Various Stampin' Write Markers.

My daughter also made a beautiful card for her aunt, to give to her today. I was really impressed with Kieran's style. She has really become a fantastic stamper. Look at her sponging skills and the way she notched the ribbon! I also love her placement of brads! And of course this is one of my favorite colour schemes! Way to go Kieran. I am sure that your Aunt Debbie will be really comforted by this card.

See you tomorrow, I have a bright and cheery card for you.

Cheers,

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter