Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bright and Cheery card to celebrate my husbands return!

Ed is finally back from his latest 2 week stint in Winnipeg. Unfortunately it's not his last and he will be going back out there again! I can't wait until the airport is finally finished. I miss having my husband around!

Anyhow, I have been so inspired by the new products that I just can't stop creating new and beautiful cards. I feel like I am on a roll! Here's a card I whipped up the other day. I ADORE the new Brights Collection and wanted to showcase them in some way. And better a way then to put them on Whisper White!

This was a really quick and easy card to make. The card base is Whisper White, I then took a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White and ran it through the Big Shot with the Dots impressions folder. After that I punched out 4 hearts using the small heart punch in each of the following colours: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight (new and beautiful), Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise. All of these are from the new Brights Collection. Who would have thought that Old Olive would ever be a bright? It looked so at home in the old Earth Elements..... But now it is PERFECT with all the brights. And I have said this before, but I HATED the old Bold Brights. I had only a few of them. Now I can't get enough of this new Brights Collection. I think it's stunning!!!

The sentiment on this card is from the "Everything Nice" set. I only wanted to use part of this stamp so I used my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker to colour over only a portion of the stamp. And voila! Only the part that you want. Markers make our stamps all the more versatile as you don't need to stamp the whole thing if you don't want to.

Anyhow, that's it for me today. Spending the day with my family, thankful to have my wonderful Husband back! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Cheers,

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter