Monday, August 31, 2009

Back in the city!

I had an absolutely AMAZING weekend at camp!! The weather was horrible (cold & raining) but that didn't seem to matter. I was however VERY glad that I purchased a pair of rain boots at Canadian Tire on the way up!

Here are a few pictures of the weekend........ This first one is of me and some of my closest friends from camp. Left to Right, Me, Jenny, Kaaren & Katherine. Notice how wet we look!! Oh well, it was still so great to be there. We are standing on the porch of the main lodge. Jenny was visiting from Dublin, Ireland (she's originally from Toronto) and I hadn't seen her in over 5 years. Kaaren drove up from Rochester, NY (originally from Cleavland, OH). Katherine and I actually see each other quite a bit as we are both in the Toronto area, but it was so great to spend that time with them as a group. Jenny, Katherine and I were in the same cabin together since 1984! They are by far some of my oldest and dearest friends. For those of you who went to summer camp, you will know the joy of camp friends.

This next picture was taken at one of the meals, I think that this was our hillarious dinner. We couldn't stop laughing! From left to right, Kaaren, Me, Katherine, Cris & Leslie. Cris and Leslie were campers of mine and I had the absolute privilage of being on staff with them as well. It was sooo cool just hanging out and laughing with everyone. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a LONG time!

And the last picture I am going to share with you today is from the card workshop I did on Saturday afternoon. I had 20 women sign up for this workshop, and all of them had a blast!!! I love stamping, obviously, and it was so great to bring it to some of my camp friends. Oh and notice the wollen hat (or touque as us Canadian's call them). It was really that cold!!!

Hopefully I will get back to the creative stamping today. I will post some stuff again tomorrow.

I am missing camp already, thankful for all the wonderful people who I have met over the years, and glad for some new friends this weekend too! I can't wait for the 90th reunion in 5 years!!!

Cheers,

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter