Friday, August 21, 2009

The other Xmas cards and a Winner!!

Hi Guys,

It's finally Friday!! This week could not have come to an end any earlier!! I have so much going on this weekend that I am looking forward to, that the work week was just getting in the way! Tonight is my Big Shot & Christmas in August classes, yes two in one day, I am a glutton for punishment!! Tomorrow I am heading off to London for a all day Stampin' Event called RazzleDazzle. I am really looking forward to it!! I finished my swaps last night, so now I am totally ready!! Tomorrow is going to be an early one though, I have to pick Caroline up at 6am!! It takes a few hours to get to London from Toronto. And then last, but definatly not least, Kieran comes home from camp on Sunday!!!! I have missed her so much, and can't wait to hear all about her month at camp!

Just a quick note, last night was a weird one here in Toronto. A bunch of tornado's touched down all over the place, which like never happens here. One of the tornado's touched down within about a block of some very close friends, but thankfully they only lost their power for a bit. No harm came to them or their home. We barely noticed what was going on because after a lovely Sushi dinner with my Brother & Sister-in-law, my husband Ed and I headed over to Bayview Village because the Gap was having an special 40th anniversary party and my Friend Dave's Band "See Spot Run" was playing there. It was fun to see him playing in a store (funny actually) and we got our hands on some smokin' great deals on some clothes for the kids!!

Okay, now back to the whole reason you are here, to see the last two Xmas cards for my Christmas in August class tonight.

This First card uses the "Season of Joy" set. This was actually one of the first sets I ever purchased from SU. I had intended to make my Xmas cards with it last year. And then I got addicted, and had many sets to choose from, and I actually made my cards using "Lovely as a Tree", go figure, that was a set I didn't even think I liked when I first saw it! Anyhow, this is using classic Xmas colours, Real Red & Handsome Hunter. I coloured the stamp with my markers.

The last card for the class tonight uses "Tree Trimmings" and "Holiday Best". I feel in love with this set as soon as I saw it. I love the vintage ornaments. This is a square card because I wanted to use my Scallop Circle die for the Big Shot. The Very Vanilla circle was cut using my Circle Scissor Plus.

Oh and one last thing before I go, I promised a winner for my 100 Blog post contest, and based on Random.org my random number was 1!!!

Congrats to Kathy!! Contact me via email so that I can get you your prize!!

Have a great weekend everyone, and I will be back tomorrow with the Swap card, and final card for my Big Shot class.

Cheers,

1 comment:

Kathy Ireland said...

Woo Hoo! That's me. I just got back from vacation - what a great surprise for my first day back to "real life". I'll email you my info.

 

Free Blog Counter