Monday, August 17, 2009

Pal Paper Arts challenge

It's that time again! I have really enjoyed doing the PPA challenges because each week it is a different kind of challenge. First a colour one, then a sketch and now an inspiration challenge. This is the picture to use for inspiration. Naturally for me this picture made me think of kids, and I loved the little touches of animals around the room. Plus I decided to use some of the main colours pictured here, Red, Blue & Green.

I decided to use my "Look who's turning" set again because it has both animals and a very kid like feel.
It's really hard to tell from the picture, but the numbers have been clear embossed on the Ballet Blue base. The numbers are on one stamp, so you would use your markers to colour just one for a kids birthday card or you can use the entire strip for backgrounds or stamp all of them and circle the age....etc. Also, and this is hard to see the animals all have a coating of Crystal Effects to gloss them up to match the embossed numbers. This card definately got the kid stamp of approval as my son Xander who is 20 months old waved good-bye to it before going to the splash pad today. He has never waved to one of my cards before! :)

Come back tomorrow to see a sneek peak of one of the cards we are doing at Friday's Christmas in August class. And I will announce the winner of my "100 Blog post contest"! :)

Products used:
Stampin' Up "Look who's Turning" stamp set
Stampin' Up Card stock- Ballet Blue, Real Red, Green Galore, Whisper White.
Stampin' Up Ink- Ballet Blue, Real Red, Green Galore.
Accessories: Dimensionals, Bashful Blue 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Effects, Word Window Punch, Modern Label punch, Clear Embossing powder, Heat Tool, paper snips.

Cheers,

2 comments:

Pals Paper Arts said...

Loving your numbered background...

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts Design Team, thanks for Playing @ PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

This is so cute! Love your stamped background paper! Like your colors, too!

 

Free Blog Counter