Friday, August 14, 2009

August Club projects- Different ways to use Re-inkers

Happy Friday everyone!!

It's club week around here so I wanted to share with you the projects that my club members are making this week. All three are using Re-inkers for other than re-inking our ink pads. What are re-inkers? They are small bottles of the same ink that is in our ink pads made for adding drops of ink when the pads get dry (which I have yet to do on any of my pads and I have had some of them for over a year now!). But as with lots of the SU stuff, you can do so much with them too.

This first card uses the very versatile "Season of Friendship" set. To acheive the multi-coloured leaves I created a stamp pad with a folded up Baby wipe and added to the surface a drop of Ruby Red, Old Olive & Pumpkin Pie ink. You then stamp the image in this homemade ink pad and stamp on your paper! Voila! Multi-coloured leaves!


The next card uses no stamping! It's rare that I have a card like that. This card fits the Small Open-End envelopes and it's dimensions before folding is 61/2 x 61/2. For this card we dyed the White satin ribbon using Not Quite Navy ink. And I absolutely love how this one turned out! It is a beautiful colour of blue and matches perfectly with the Bella Bleu paper!

For the last card We dyed both the Flower from the Pretties Kit and the cordoroy brad in the centre. The Flower was dyed using my Rich Razzleberry re-inker and the brad with Old Olive. The brad is one of my left over Baja Breeze brads from the Occasions Mini Catalogue. When I was designing this card I wondered if I could dye them to match. I added a couple of drops of Old Olive re-inker to the top of the brad, heat set it, and what do you know? I now have an Old Olive Cordoroy brad!! Cool eh?

I am currently looking for members for my next Technique club? Benefits of membership include a free catalogue, FREE monthly projects, discounts on class fees and other events and FREE hostess benefits once during the duration of the club. Contact me today to sign up! And remember that Club members resigning for the next session get a FREE ink pad of their choice!!

Cheers,

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter