Friday, September 10, 2010

I'm back & a donation today!

Sorry about the long hiatus!! First we went camping for a week with my sister from Pennsylvania and her family, and some friends of ours to Owen Sound and Tobermory, Ontario. If you haven't been to those area's before you must check them out. I will post some pictures in the next few days. After that my daughter got back from camp and then my husband and I flew out to the East Coast for a mini vacation and 5th Anniversary celebration. We went to Grand Manan, New Brunswick. Now, most of you will not have heard of it. It's a small island in the Bay of Fundy off the coast of Maine & New Brunswick. You have a to take a 1 1/2 ferry from Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick just to get there! It has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. I will post some pictures from that trip two in the next few days.

Let's move on to today's posting. Today I present to you a donation to the D.A.D Project. The D.A.D (Drawing a Day) Project is the brain child of two sisters, Serena & Emily. It is an ongoing, online, art-based fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society, the largest national charitable funder of cancer research in Canada. Each day one of the sisters posts an original drawing they have done, and then they make that item available as a print in their etsy shop. Each friday they feature a different artist and I am honoured that today they are featuring a item made by me!

I have donated this beautiful Artistic Etchings Card Folder & card set with all proceeds going to the Canadian Cancer Society. The folder contains 2 handmade cards (blank with no sentiment) and 4 handmade notecards, blank with stamped images. The folder is also handmade and all materials are Stampin' Up!.

Head over to their blog to find out more or to purchase this one of a kind gift for only $20 plus shipping and handling.

Tomorrow I will be at the Aberfoyle Fall Fair, so if you are in the area please stop by and say hi. I will be selling Rag Quilt bag kits, handmade cards, catalogues and will have a make n'take as well. Aberfoyle is located South of Guelph, Ontario. If you are interested in getting directions contact me for more information.


Cheers,

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter