Friday, October 9, 2009

Technology glitches...... still in Quebec!

Hey everyone,

I am still in Quebec, but have not been able to share any pictures with you because although I brought the cables for the camera, I don't for the life of me know where the software is putting the photos. I know that sounds really dumb, and I am fairly computer literate and have tried everything I know of. The path that the pictures are supposed to be in is drawing a blank, yet I can view them in the software. I could go and save each of them a second time and direct them to a specific folder, but I just haven't had the time. So in the meantime I will share a really bad photo of me from Stampin'palooza that shows my name tag. And provide you with the instructions to make it. In case you didn't know, Caroline had a name tag contest at Palooza. This was my entry. I didn't win, but that's not surprising, you should have seen all the beautiful tags people made! Wow! You can look at all of them in the Palooza gallery that I linked to in the previous post.

1. Take a piece of Basic Black card stock & using the Scallop Circle die for the Big Shot cut one circle.
2. Turn the punched out circle on the die and run through a second time so that you get the "pointy" circle instead of the scallops.
3. Stamp the desired name using the "Schoolbook serif" stamp set with Versamark ink, one letter at a time using the Stamp-a-ma-jig.
4. Once you have stamped the letter, cover it with heat & stick powder, tap off the excess and heat with the heat gun.
5. Sprinkle the glitter of your choice, I was using the cosmo fine (pink) over the letter. Repeat with each of your letters.
6. Stamp the hive & 3 bees from the "Just Buzzin' By" set with Basic Black ink on Whisper White paper.
7. Colour them in using Stampin' Write Markers & cut them out with your Paper Snips.
8. Mount the Hive on the tag with Stampin' Dimensionals.
9. Mount the bees on wire and attach them to the back of the name tag with your adhesive of choice.
10. To attach the name tag to my clothes, I purchased some plastic name badge holders from a Dollar store and mounted it with snail.

We are having an awesome time on our vacation. The weather has been pretty good too! And the leaves are just stunning!! It is definitely peak for the leaves here in the Laurentians. I can't wait to share the pictures with you! Kieran learnt to horseback ride yesterday at a farm near by and is spending the whole day there today (it's a PA Day here in Quebec so the farm is running a full day program for the kids). Tonight we are going to visit with a friend of mine from work who lives just outside of Montreal. Looking forward to it. The other day we went in to Montreal briefly and I stopped into our Montreal office and got to put faces to a whole bunch of names with whom I have been working with for the last 10 years. It was a fun visit, but the baby was starting to make too much noise, so we had to leave.

I may or may not pop in one more time before we head home, but I promise to post pictures on Monday when we are back in Toronto, and still on vacation!!

Cheers,

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter