Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's day and lots of inspiration!

Happy Mother's day to all the mothers out there!! I thought I would share with you the card that I made for my Mother-in-law. To make this card I stamped the Cherry blossom stamp from the "Soft Summer" set in the Occasions Mini. I LOVE this set. I stamped it 4 times in Basic black and then coloured it in with my Stampin' Write markers. Those of you who just took advantage of my first Marker club should pay close attention! I coloured both the base image and the ones that I was going to cut out, because when you adhere the cut out flowers with dimensionals you can still see underneath a bit. I absolutely love how this card turned out.

Products used:
Stampin' Up "Soft Summer" stamp set
Stampin' Up Card stock- Whisper White, Rose Red, Old Olive
Stampin' Up Ink- Basic Black, Rose Red (for the edge of the Whisper White piece)
Accessories- Paper snips, sponge dauber, Stampin' Write Markers (Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Old Olive).

I had a wonderful mother's day breakfast. My wonderful husband, who is a fabulous cook, prepared an incredible meal. I am on a low-carb diet and he managed to make me Eggs Benedict that fit my plan!! He is very talented!! I then spent most of the day making cards. Who could ask for a better day??

The following cards I made for Colour challenges. The first one is for Dawn McVey's challenge.

I used Basic Grey, Regal Rose and Rose Red, plus Whisper White of course. At least that's how I interpreted these colours. I really like the card and will be featuring it in my upcoming Occasions Mini class later this month.

Products used:
Stampin' Up "Soft Summer" stamp set
Stampin' Up Card stock- Whisper White, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Basic Grey
Stampin' Up Ink- Regal Rose, Rose Red
Accessories- Circle Cutter, Basic Grey DSP (from Hostess Level 1 pack), Eyelet Border punch, sponge daubers.

The second Inspired card was thanks to my wonderful 10 year old daughter Kieran. She wanted me to make a card using the following colours: Whisper White, Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive. So I took on her challenge. I did ask if I could add Bashful blue to that list as well (and I ended up sneaking in the tinyest bit of Close to Cocoa and Rose Red too..). This card is a total CASE from this card by Sophia Landry. Kieran really liked it though.

Products used:
Stampin' Up "Fun Fast notes" stamp set
Stampin' Up Card stock- Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive.
Stampin' Up Ink- Bashful Blue, Old Olive
Accessories- sponge daubers, Stampin' Write markers (Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Basic Black).

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,

3 comments:

Scrapping Julie said...

these are all gorgeous!!!!!

Christina Smith said...

These are beautiful cards!

Winter said...

Cute cards! Love the Mother's Day one!

 

Free Blog Counter