Saturday, January 3, 2009

To emboss or not to emboss......


Hi Guys,

Today I am showing you yet another way to Dry Emboss. I made this card because a friend of mine asked me to make some thank you cards for her mom, and the only specification was that her mom LOVES purple. So, this is what I came up with. Those of you who were at Xander's 1st birthday might recognize the design, I used the same one for his thank you cards (with different colours and a different dry emboss texture).

The dry embossing for this card was done with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and run through my Big Shot. The flower is from the Sizzix Sizzlets "Birds and Blooms" dies that I also ran through my Big Shot. For the sentiment, I stamped it in Versamark and then used my clear embossing power to Heat Emboss it.


Heat Embossing is a different embossing technique where you stamp your image in an embossing ink (Versamark, Top Boss etc) and then you cover the stamped image in embossing power. You then require a heat tool to heat up the embossing powder so that it takes on a hard, shiny surface. It's a really professional looking technique.

I really like how these cards turned out. I love the lacy look of the Whisper white layer. I hope my friend really likes the cards, and I hope her mom does too!

Products used:
Stampin' Up "Wonderful Words" stamp set (Retired)
Stampin' Up Card stock- Whisper White, Lavender Lace, Pale Plum, Certainly Celery.
Stampin' Up Ink- Versamark
Accessories- Stampin' Up clear embossing power, Heat Tool, Stickles glitter, Stampin' Up Scallop border punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Big Shot.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, and for some, the last few days of their holidays!! Monday, it's back to the grind!!!!!

Cheers,

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter