Sunday, January 4, 2009

Finally scrapbooking again!!

I got back to my roots yesterday and worked on a layout for my daughter Kieran's scrapbook. Since my card making obsession began about 6 months ago, and with Christmas and all, I have not been scrapbooking very much. I had a picture of Kieran, who is now almost 10, from when she was 13 months old and just walking (yes I am a chronological scrapbooker and am only at 13 months in her book!). It wasn't a very good picture, and I only had the one, but I wanted to use it somehow. Here's what I came up with:

It took me a while to get my groove on, but once I spent a bit of time looking through my supplies, I started to get into it. I found the round chipboard letters, which fit perfectly in the scallops in this awesome scalloped circle I had. I had picked up the foot ribbon a really long time ago and it just seemed to be a perfect fit. Some times things just work out. I guess you can make a good layout, out of a bad picture.

Stay tuned for tomorrow, where I will have two beautiful cards made using the French Script background stamp that I acquired a few weeks ago.

Cheers,

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter