Friday, January 2, 2009

Embossing in the family...........

I was messing around with my "All in the family" stamp set again today. I was inspired again by Kristina Werner on her blog. She featured a technique for dry embossing a frame on a card with out any fancy tools. For those of you who don't know what dry embossing is, here is a definition:

Dry Embossing or Relief Embossing: Achieving a raised image on paper by placing the paper over a stencil, and rubbing with a stylus.

This technique results in giving texture to your card or project.

Here is a link to Stampin' Up's dry embossing tutorial using their "Classy Brass" templates. And here is another link to a tutorial at Split Coast Stampers. The card I featured yesterday included dry embossing using embossing dies and a die cutting machine (Big Shot) However as I mentioned before, Kristina's tutorial uses no fancy tools, just card stock, a cutting mat, craft/exacto knife and a stylus.

Here is the card I created. As I totally suck at taking pictures of my cards, you can barely make out the embossed frame, but if you click on the link to Kristina's blog, you can get a much better idea about what it looks like. I assure you it looks much much better in person. I decided to make this card for a boy, but he could have been coloured in pink just as easily, but yesterday I did a girl card.

Products used:
Stampin' Up "All in the Family" stamp set
Stampin' Up "So Very" (Retired)
Stampin' Up Card stock- Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery
Stampin' Up Ink- Basic Grey, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink
Accessories- Stampin' Up blender pens, Stamp-a-ma-jig.

Tomorrow I will feature another card using a different Dry Embossing technique.

Cheers,

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter