Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's day to all those Mother's out there, or mother's to be. I hope you are all having a fabulous day! I am, my kids woke me up with cuddles and hand-made cards, and my daughter decorated a vase for me, and gave me a Mom & me scrapbook! Too sweet! I need to head outside to get some tulips for my vase. Unfortunately my husband is away in Winnipeg and won't be home until Friday. But he sent the most beautiful flowers!

Earlier in the week I was really sick with a nasty nasty cold and having a bit of a tough time with the kids so he sent these to me a few days earlier. It was the sweetest thing ever! It really improved my spirits. They are stunning, arn't they?

I finally got a chance to play with some of my new Summer Mini products today. I needed to make a Mother's day card for my Mother-in-law who will be coming over next weekend. I really wanted to try out the new Presto paper as I have seen lots of cool stuff made with it in Blogland. I also got to try out the new Smootch Spritz! I LOVE it! It's fun!

The picture as always is terrible, damn iPhone. You need perfect light for it to work out. Hence why the flowers turned out well. Anyhow, what do you think of the card? I went for a Vintage look as it seems to be all the rage these days. The background paper is the new presto paper, which is soooooo cool! It comes white with a white design on it. When you sponge it, ink it, spray it with Smootch Spritz etc the image is brought out. It really looks beautiful. I then sprayed the flowers and the background with Vanilla Smootch Spritz to give it a gorgeous vintage shimmer. It doesn't show well in the picture, but it really is beautiful. Oh, and I sponged the Presto paper with Pink Pirouette ink, did you know that this former In Colour is making a comeback in July? That's right, it will be resurrected as one of the new Subtles colour family. I couldn't be more excited because it is one of my favorite colours of all time.

Speaking of new colours, as the colour families are changing in July, a number of the existing colours will be retiring. Cardstock is selling out fast! If there is any cardstock that you want, please don't wait or you may not get your hands on it. And just an FYI, in some cases they have already sold out of smooth cardstock in some colours but will be shipping out textured cardstock in it's place for no additional cost. So you could receive smooth or textured. Just an FYI. But don't wait, I would hate for you to be disappointed and miss out.

Products used: All Stampin' Up
Stamp sets: Rose is a Rose, Well Scripted
Card stock: Old Olive, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Presto Patterns
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals, Pretty in Pink satin ribbon, Wide Oval Punch, Ribbon Slide from Hodgepodge Hardware, Vanilla Smootch Spritz.

Enjoy your day today, all you mother's out there!

Cheers,

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter