Friday, May 7, 2010

Canadian Swap & a new B Canadian Stamper has joined my team!

One of the cool things about being a Stampin' Up! demo is getting to participate in Swaps. For a swap we make a pre-decided number of card fronts (this saves on paper not having to make full cards, are easier to mount on display boards and can be mounted later if desired). Generally there is a theme to a swap such as cards featuring products from the new current mini catalogue, and generally the rule is current SU products only. I love these swaps because it gives me a whole bunch of samples for my display boards using stamp sets I may not even have and they feature a number of colours and styles that are different from my personal style. It allows you, my customers and downline more variety of samples for inspiration.

For this most recent swap I decided to use the new Canada Day set from the Summer mini. I fell in love with this set immediately. I love that it has a plain, traditional maple leaf unlike the Canada set in the current Idea Book & Catalogue. And I love the firework stamps that can be used for much more than just Canada. I can see May 2-4 cards in the making!!! :) I also love this set because I can use it to make fun things for my downline as I have recently renamed the group "B Canadian" stampers as I felt this had a feeling of national identity and opened the team up to those from anywhere in this great country.

And speaking of my "B Canadian" team, I wanted to welcome my newest team member Donna to the group! Donna decided to make a fabulous decision to purchase the starter kit and come on board as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. Ever considered being a Demo? Click here to read my Stampin' Up! story and to learn about some of the many perks being a demo can bring.

Products used: All Stampin' Up
Stamp sets: Canada Day (Summer Mini)
Card stock: Kraft (soon to be Crumb Cake), Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals, Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, 1 1/4" Square Punch, Paper snips

P.S. sorry for the really terrible picture. I really need to get my proper camera out of the box it is in. You can't really tell from this, but the firework stamps are stamped on the Real Red card stock using Real Red ink.

Cheers,

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter