Thursday, March 19, 2009

Colour Inspiration #45

Hi there,

It's almost Friday!!! I am very much looking forward to the weekend. It's going to be a busy one as usual, but at least I get to spend most of it with the family! Kristina Werner posted her new colour challenge tonight, and I just had to play. I love these colours but I did struggle trying to come up with a design. The card I created has been in my head, in one version or another for some time. It was really difficult to photograph. I also tried using my black embossing powder for the first time. There were many many mistake hearts stamped and embossed because I learnt the hard way that black is not very forgiving. It shows all the mistakes!! The embossing buddy is a MUST when working with black embossing powder!! I took two pictures, one of the card laying down, and one standing up because I wasn't sure how it would turn out in the pics. I also struggled with this one because I wanted to add a sentiment, but wasn't sure that I should. I didn't want to over complicate things, if you know what I mean. Anyhow let me know what you think about the card.
I would love to get some feed back.

Products used:
Stampin' Up "Polka Dot Punches" stamp set,
Stampin' Up Card stock- Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Riding Hood Red
Stampin' Up Ink- Basic Black Craft Ink
Accessories- Full Heart Punch, Scallop edge punch, Black Embossing powder, Heat Gun.

Polka Dot Punches is one of the FREE Sale-a-bration sets available now until the end of the month. Contact me to place your orders!


Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator


Winter said...

Cute! It is very hard using black embossing powder, it gets very messy! Never tried the embossing buddy, I think I heard you could use a drier sheet. Never tried it though.

CriA said...

wow! I love it!!! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Oh love that edges, so pretty.

Sheila said...

Love those cute hearts

Terri E. said...

Very creative, I love how the hearts hang over the edge! Great job with the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Stampin'GHmom said...

This is so pretty. I used the same set for my card this week and I never thought about doing EP. Kudos for creativity!

Brenda said...

Very nice Blair.

Laura W. said...

This is a GREAT use of these colors! I love it!

~kelly marie~ said...

I love the card! The hearts are gorgeous!

Lindsay said...

nice card.... great use of the challenge colours!

Linda Beeson said...

I love this! I so love these colors.

Purple D said...

Beautiful idea!! Love that you can do that with any shape!


Free Blog Counter