Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I was chosen!

It's true, I was! When I went to check out Kristina Werner's round-up of the last Colour Inspiration, I was dumbfounded! My card last week was chosen as one of her top 10! I was jumping for joy when I read the news, I have been following her blog for sometime now and I love her fun and hip sense of style. Not to mention that the competition was stiff!! So to have been selected is a HUGE honour!

An that brings us to today's card which is my submission for this weeks Colour Inspiration Challenge at Kristina's blog. I really really appologize for the poor picture quality but I can not find my camera charger, and so, yet again I have had to use my iPhone for the picture.

I have been somewhat obsessed with colouring our Presto Patterns paper ever since Saturday at Palooza (thank you Julie LeBlanc!). I thought it would work wonderfully for today's challenge.

The colours for this challenge are Chocolate Chip, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, light plum (I used a combo of Almost Amethyst and Lavender Lace) and cream.

Although it doesn't show well in the picture, the background was sponged first with Certainly Celery and then with Old Olive. I really really like how this card turned out. Thank goodness I ordered more Presto paper, because at this rate I am going to use all of mine up!

Products used: All Stampin' Up
Stamp sets: Elements of Style (Summer Mini)
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Designer Series Paper: Presto Patterns Paper
Ink: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant Markers-Elegant Eggplant, Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace, Chocolate Chip.
Accessories: Modern Label Punch, Movers and Shapers Die for the Big Shot with the Modern Label die, Chocolate Chip Satin ribbon, Stampin' Sponges.


Cheers,

1 comment:

Julie Leblanc said...

Love the colours that you have chosen... it really pops. My upline has named this technique (hold on to your hat) Julie-fied, lol!!!

I love it, so happy that you like it:-)

 

Free Blog Counter