Tuesday, April 7, 2009

2 Colour challenges on a snowy Tuesday

Hi Guys,

Sorry that I didn't post my Brown Paper Packages feature this week, because truthfully I didn't have any time to go looking at stuff!! Hopefully this week I will have more time! :)
But I did get a chance to create some cards for a couple of Colour Inspiration challenges. The first one is Kristina Werner's Challenge which as some of you know I have participated in before the second one is a new one (I think this is just the second challenge) called Raspberry Suite. I like doing the challenges, and I encourage you to participate as well. I forces you to think outside the box and use colours you normally might not. You might surprise yourself and find a new favorite combination.


I used two of the SU Hostess sets to create this card. The first set is "Darling Dots" which is a level 1 set. The Sentiment on this card is from the level 2 set called "Echoes of Kindness". I stamped the flowers and leaves from "Darling Dots" and then cut them out. It takes a bit of time but the effect is very nice. I then mounted the flowers on Dimensionals and adhered the leaves underneath the raised flowers. I stamped the flower in Baja Breeze and then used a baby wipe to remove the ink on the centre which I then coloured with my Chocoloate Chip marker. It's hard to tell from the picture (because I suck at taking pictures of my cards) but I inked the edges of the Top Note with Baja Breeze ink and a sponge dauber. Contact me to find out how you can earn these stamp sets because you can't buy them!


Products used:
Stampin' Up "Darling Dots" hostess stamp set & "Echoes of Kindness" hostess stamp set
Stampin' Up Card stock- Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Stampin' Up Ink- Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories- Big Shot & Top Note die, Paper Snips, Sponge dauber.




The second challenge uses a variety of pinks. And I love pinks! I used the "Great Friend" set from the new Occasions Mini Catalogue. I stamped the butterfly in 3 "pinks" (Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red and Cameo Coral) and then cut them out. I then stamped the frame from the same set using my stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure that they lined up nicely on my Whisper White card stock. The butterflies were then scored down the middle using my bone folder and then mounted to the frames using Tombow Multi-purpose adhesive.

Products used:

Stampin' Up "Great Friend" stamp set
Stampin' Up Card stock- Kraft, Whisper White
Stampin' Up Ink- Basic Black, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Cameo Coral
Accessories- Paper Snips, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Tombow Multi-purpose adhesive.


Cheers,

6 comments:

Jessica Rosario said...

I like both of your cards. Great take on both challenges

Kathleen said...

Great take on this color challenge---I wish I had stayed simple on my card--it's very classy!

Mara Campbell said...

Oh, those butterflies are sooo pretty! Great cards!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Both cards are fabulous! Great job on the color challenges.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Winter said...

Both are great, but I really love those butterflies! :)

Cheryl said...

So pretty! I like how you framed the butterflies.

 

Free Blog Counter